Earlier collaboration between the MOVE-AGE partners has already resulted in the following double doctorates:
- Beltman, M. Metabolically assessed muscle fibre recruitment October 2003
- Ricken, A. Reaching a solution November 2005
- Altenburg. T. Muscle activation during isometric and dynamic exercise June 2008
- Spanjaard, M. Gastrocnemius muscle fascicle behaviour during stair negotiation June 2008
- Wüst, R. The effects of smoking and hypoxia on skeletal muscle structure and function April 2009
- Feltham, M.l The ‘mirror box’ illusion. September 200
- Van Kampen.P. Asymmetry in Action. June 2010
In addition a large number of joint publications has been published. The following is just a selection from among these:
- Lips, P., Bouillon, R., van Schoor, N., Vanderschueren, D., Verschueren, S., Kuchuk, N., Milisen, K., Boonen, S. (2010). Reducing fracture risk with calcium and vitamin D. Clinical Endocrinology 73: 277-285.
- Nieuwboer, A., Baker, K., Willems, A., Jones, D., Spildooren, J., Lim, I., Kwakkel, G., Van Wegen, E., Rochester, L. (2009). The Short-Term Effects of Different Cueing Modalities on Turn Speed in People With Parkinson’s Disease. Neurorehabilitation and neural repair, 23(8), 831-6.
- Reeves ND, Spanjaard M, Mohagheghi AA, Baltzopoulos V, Maganaris CN. (2009). Older adults employ alternative strategies to operate within their maximum capabilities when ascending stairs. J Electromyogr Kinesiol., 19(2):e57-68.
- Pijnappels M, van der Burg PJ, Reeves ND, van Dieën JH. (2008). Identification of elderly fallers by muscle strength measures. Eur J Appl Physiol., 102(5):585-92.
- Boer MD de, Morse CI, Thom JM, de Haan A, Narici MV. (2007). Changes in antagonist muscles’ coactivation in response to strength training in older women. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci., 62(9):1022-7.
- Boonen, S., Lips, P., Bouillon, R., Bischoff-Ferrari, H., Vanderschueren, D., Haentjens, P. (2007). Need for additional calcium to reduce the risk of hip fracture with vitamin D supplementation: Evidence from a comparative metaanalysis of randomized controlled trials. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, 92(4), 1415-1423.
- Spanjaard M, Reeves ND, van Dieën JH, Baltzopoulos V, Maganaris CN. (2007). Gastrocnemius muscle fascicle behavior during stair negotiation in humans. J Appl Physiol., 102(4):1618-23.
- Jones DA, de Ruiter CJ, de Haan A. (2006). Change in contractile properties of human muscle in relationship to the loss of power and slowing of relaxation seen with fatigue. J Physiol., 576(Pt 3):913-22.
- Rittweger J, Gerrits K, Altenburg T, Reeves N, Maganaris CN, de Haan A. (2006). Bone adaptation to altered loading after spinal cord injury: a study of bone and muscle strength. J Musculoskelet Neuronal Interact., 6(3):269-76.
- Lim, I., van Wegen, E., de Goede, C., Deutekom, M., Nieuwboer, A., Willems, A., Jones, D., Rochester, L., Kwakkel, G. (2005). Effects of external rhythmical cueing on gait in patients with Parkinson’s disease: a systematic review. Clinical Rehabilitation, 19(7), 695-713.